Bill 47: The Ensuring Safety and Cutting Red Tape Act, 2020, (Bill 47) amends the OHS Act, the Radiation Protection Act and the Workers’ Compensation Act. An updated OHS Act and revised regulations took effect on Dec. 1, 2021.
Highlights of key changes made to the legislation include:
- Health and safety committees (HSC) and representatives (HSR): requirements on sites with multiple employees, calculating the number of workers for HSC/HSR purposes, including self-employed people as employers, technical rules, training requirements and program requirements;
- Radiation protection and injury reporting;
- Dangerous work refusals;
- Disciplinary action complaints;
- Worksite party (WSP) obligations;
- Serious incident and injury reporting;
- Health and safety programs; and
- Consolidation of most of the OHS regulation to OHS Act and code.
Resources to help you navigate these legislative changes are available on our website.